NOWJOBS – www.nowjobs.com – is the recruitment platform of the future: filling flexible jobs fully digitally. For the employer, this provides maximal flexibility – 24/7 and up to the last minute. For the worker (mainly students) there is no time wasted going to recruitment offices and filling in piles of paper. Life is 100% mobile – from finding a job to getting paid the next day.
After our successful launch in Belgium and the Netherlands – with over 280.000 candidates and 10.000 companies using NOWJOBS - we are launching other countries, starting with France and Germany. To help us achieve our ambitious plans, we’re looking for an experienced developers (based in Ghent).
NOWJOBS is a part of House of HR (www.houseofhr.com), an international HR company that includes companies like Accent, Abylsen, Redmore, TEC, Covebo, Vialegis, …
As a Senior Software Developer you are responsible for the quality of the software code, together with your team members. We expect you to perform the following tasks:
• You work in a Scrum team, with daily stand-ups, code reviews, …
• You are open to help in all areas. From app development over server API’s, up to our pricing engine or machine learning matching algorithms.
• You will find your area of expertise and play a leading role in it.
• You collaborate with other Leads & Seniors to build a sound architecture and best practices.
• As we work with tight deadlines, you really have to be committed to achieve the sprint goal and to motivate your team members for this.
Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor or master degree in Computer Science.
• We use a modern tech stack
- Angular / Ionic / TypeScript
- Node.js / TypeScript
- AMQP with RabbitMQ
- JSON REST API’s
• You have experience in similar technologies of minimum 5 years (OO, SQL, web services, et al…).
• You are able to reflect on an architectural level and think about improving frameworks.
• You speak Dutch fluently and you’re good at English
Skills and talents
• You take your responsibilities and you have a feeling for sense of urgency.
• You’re a team player, not a lonely developer.
• Above all, you have a positive mindset.
What do we offer?
• A unique opportunity to re-draw the HR recruitment world
• Work in a scale-up atmosphere, but with the financial backing of a large group
• Work with a modern tech stack
• A great workplace at the edge of Ghent (next to the exit E40 Sint-Denijs-Westrem)
• A competitive package
Our current needs
• Overall: QA / Tester / Automated testing
• Server side: Tech leads / senior developers
• API Integrations (our own API as well as talking to external systems)