NOWJOBS – www.nowjobs.com – is the recruitment platform of the future: filling flexible jobs fully digitally. For the employer, this provides maximal flexibility – 24/7 and up to the last minute. For the worker (mainly students) there is no time wasted going to recruitment offices and filling in piles of paper. Life is 100% mobile – from finding a job to getting paid the next day.
After our successful launch in Belgium and the Netherlands – with over 280.000 candidates and 10.000 companies using NOWJOBS - we are launching other countries, starting with France and Germany. To help us achieve our ambitious plans, we’re looking for an experienced developers (based in Ghent).
NOWJOBS is a part of House of HR (www.houseofhr.com), an international HR company that includes companies like Accent, Abylsen, Redmore, TEC, Covebo, Vialegis, …
As a DevOps engineer you will bring maturity to our operations, investigate the possibilities to migrate our components to a SaaS model away from a VM, write code for better backup plans, make better automated CI/CD using our git branches, feed our staging and test environments, provide release management, etc...
• You will be responsible for setting up monitoring systems,
• Use our DatadogHQ,
• talk with our providers,
• think together with our structural and architecture team to create a better and more scalable infrastructure.
• You have an eye for integrating and evaluating new tools.
• Security will be on top of your mind, including encrypting our data, etc
Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor or master degree in Computer Science.
• We have a linux based architecture with MySQL, RabbitMQ and Node.js on top
• Scripting and programming experience will be needed
• You have experience in similar technologies of minimum 5 years
• You speak Dutch fluently and you’re good at English
Skills and talents
• You take your responsibilities and you have a feeling for sense of urgency.
• You’re a team player, not a lonely DevOps engineer.
• A strong sense of accountability and ownership in our scale up company is a must.
• Above all, you have a positive mindset.
What do we offer?
• A unique opportunity to re-draw the HR recruitment world
• Work in a scale-up atmosphere, but with the financial backing of a large group
• Work with a modern tech stack
• A great workplace at the edge of Ghent (next to the exit E40 Sint-Denijs-Westrem)
• A competitive package
Our current needs
• Overall: QA / Tester / Automated testing
• Server side: Tech leads / senior developers
• API Integrations (our own API as well as talking to external systems)