Created in 2005, the Abylsen Group has grown rapidly since 2005 in Engineering Consulting to reach 1650 employees across France, Luxemburg, Switzerland and Belgium (350 employees).
The Abylsen Group is part of the House of HR Group. House of HR is a fast-growing pocket multinational with a fierce entrepreneurial spirit in the field of specialist recruitment and engineering consulting, connecting people’s talents and dreams with successful companies.
House of HR is now jointly working on the creation of a €2 billion company by 2020 with the aim and determination of making an impact on the future of work and HR services, combining the convenience and speed of technology with the warmth and talent of human contribution.
How a regular day looks like as Accounting Officer?
The Abylsen Group is currently working with three external accounting firms to manage its subsidiaries across Belgium.
It now needs to bring the business back in-house to gain a better control and a better understanding of its financial performance. That’s why we need you!
As an Accounting Officer you will be responsible for the accounting of the Belgium entities of the Abylsen Group. The perimeter to which this relates might be adjusted over time, starting with the entities of Pharma Insight, Belgatech Engineering and Abylsen Belgium.
Your main tasks include:
• Ensure all entities of Abylsen Group Belgium comply with all relevant Belgian tax compliance obligations and assist them with day-to-day Belgian tax compliance services, including assistance during tax audits
• Identify and implement process improvements in groups’ tax compliance processes
• Handling the cost accounting and periodical consolidation of the different subsidiaries' accounts, ensuring the accuracy of the monthly closing
• Responsible for quarterly and annual filings, VAT and tax declarations
• Act as the key SPOC towards our external auditors and be primarily responsible for the annual reporting process and filings
• Coordinate and follow up the reviews of balance sheets, reconciliations, accounting reviews by recurring meetings
• Responsible for a timely and accurate input and allocation in the group reporting package
• As a Business Partner, aggregate key findings and be able to present to Operational Directors of the subsidiaries
• Proactively follow up the recent evolutions and developments of the necessary knowledge within your domain of expertise (corporate tax, VAT, IFRS, local laws etc.)
And you are?
• Master/Bachelor degree in accounting (or equated)
• Has a first experience in external accounting, preferably followed by an in-house experience (5/7 years of experience)
• Fluently in Dutch and French
• Hands-on experience with MS Office
• Knowledge of Navision is a plus
• Preferably knowledge of corporate tax matters
• Entrepreneurial Spirit
• Honest, discreet and trustworthy
• Reliable, accountable
• An ability to work to deadlines
• Willing to travel an a regular basis
• Workplace: Ghent
• Eager to learn
• Team player
What you can expect from us?
You are looking for a dynamic environment with a personal touch?
This position will enable you to work with a great variety of operational teams.
All of them have the same entrepreneurial spirit and will a direct benefit of your work: Your actions will have a direct impact on the management of the company in terms of understanding and controlling of business.
We are a young team which will offer you a key position in our international finance organisation and an entrepreneurial experience with a lot of autonomy and space for evolution.
A challenging environment which contributes to personal development? You like to be promoted?
Welcome on board!
Opportunity to contribute to the entity and make an impact!